Bare Oaks Bare Oaks Social Committee
Minutes
October 17, 2009
Members
Present:
Paul - Chair
Stony
Heather
Kim
Suzy
Dorothy
Don
Regrets:
Tish
Dawn

Call to Order and Welcome

Item 1 - Agenda approved as presented

Item 2 - Formal minutes dated September 19th, 2009 approved as written

Item 3.1 - Comedy Night - No updates
Item 3.2 - Off Leash Area
  • Bob and Stony priced fences. Based on quality it ranges from $600 to $1000 for 200Ft diameter.  Decision is to go forward with the $600 and maybe make it a bit bigger.
  • Also decided, is to dedicate the next couple of 50/50 draws for funding of OLA.
  • We will start with acquiring the posts for installation a.s.a.p.
  • Scribe's note: Larry B. has offered to help with his equipment
Item 4 - Minute formats
  • Good discussion took place and decision is to adopt informal format (this one) for minutes as well as for conducting meeting.
Item 5 - Suzy's tenure: Staying as secretary with BOSC

Item 6 - Entertainment Coordinator position accepted by Don.

Item 7 - Treasurer's report
  • Account now setup with monthly statements produced.  The Bank statement will be used to post results on a monthly basis with pending transactions from last report.
Item 8 - Events report
  • Country & Western Hoedown: Don reported that it was a tremendous success with attendance of 40+.  Great food also.  Funds raised towards tent $347.  Don to submit a proposal for repeating the event next year with a target date of July 17th, 2010 due to its popularity.
Item 9 - Upcoming events
  • Halloween Dinner & Dance is scheduled for October 31st, 2009.  Menu is posted
  • Christmas Dinner and Dance is scheduled for November 28th, 2009.  Menu being developed.   Tickets on sale as of October 31st, 2009.
  • Aside: Paul is keeping the calendar of events of both Bare Oaks and BOSC web pages and has also cleaned the bulletin board.  Thank you Paul.
Item 10 - New Proposals
  • Stony to put a proposal forward for Petoncle event.  May be same day as Hoedown; BOSC members to think about it and discuss at next meeting.
Item 11 - New Business: Discussion on Yard Sale and target date suggested is May 24th, 2009.

Item 12 - Other
  • Donated shed needs to be moved from Beckett to front close to ClubHouse.  Dean will lead and solicit volunteers for November 1st, 2009.
  • New schedule for meeting decided. Next one is to be held on December 5, 2009 @ 11:00am and then in March TBD date.
  • In the interim (between meetings), proposals are to be submitted via email and both Dawn and Paul will receive.  Paul will send request for approval via email to BOSC members and decision will be made based on quorum.  Yes / No and More info required will be the three choices for proposal approval.  Note: Use Heather's work email for proposal reviews.
Meeting Adjourned

Next Meeting:      Saturday December 5, 2009 @ 11:00am

 


This page was last updated on Dec 05, 2009

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional