Lee Baxandall Memorial Volleyball Tournament
August 17-19, 2018
Lee Baxandall (1935-2008)
Lee Baxandall began his work as a naturist activist in the early 1970’s. With a background in writing and publishing, Lee’s naturist passion led him in 1976 to form the Free Beaches Documentation Center, which he located in his hometown of Oshkosh. By 1980, Lee had founded The Naturist Society (TNS), and TNS had presented its first Gathering for naturists. ‘Clothed with the Sun,’ the flagship publication of TNS in its early years, was renamed ‘Nude & Natural,’ or more simply, ‘N’ magazine in 1989.
Lee was also the initiating force behind other familiar naturist organizations. In 1983, it was a Baxandall idea that led to the TNS special interest group that would become Gay Naturists International. In 1990, Baxandall jump-started the Naturist Action Committee as an adjunct to TNS. The Naturist Education Foundation followed in 1993.
For the decades of the 1980s and 1990s, ‘Lee Baxandall’s World Guide to Nude Beaches and Resorts’ was the standard companion for those seeking information on naturist destinations throughout the world. Each edition of the World Guide reflected Lee’s naturist philosophy, not only for growing numbers of naturists, but also for the benefit of an expanding mainstream audience.
- Friday – free play and volleyball fun
- Saturday – Tournament #1, stand-up comics
- Sunday – Tournament #2
Come for one day, or come for all. Lots of play time!!
A, B, and Novice Divisions
- A&B levels: 4×4
- Novice levels: 6×6
- (No co-ed restrictions)
- Sand and grass courts
Note: We only run 4 courts so, to ensure that everyone plays as much as possible, we limit registration to 24 teams or 144 players.
- Tournament Registration here.
- Bare Bistro – full-menu (including beer & wine) restaurant with tournament specials
- Campfires (bring your instrument and/or your voice)
- Children’s activities
- Court-side music
- Indoor Open Mic.
- Bare Oaks Players Present live plays.
- Poker, Darts, Ping-Pong,Billiards, Sauna, Hot Tub, Pool, Lake, and all the other amenities of Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park
(2018 schedule t.b.a.)
|Non-playing partner of a registered player||$15/day||n/a||$5|
|Extra Days when staying overnight – must be contiguous||$15/day||n/a||$5|
|Children 18 or under play free.|
|See our accommodations page|
Tournament questions & reservations: volleyball@BareOaks.ca
Accommodation questions & reservations: contact Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park
General Tournament Rules
- You can only play on one team per tournament.
- All players must be registered and wear their wristband at all times.
- The Novice Division is for players who are learning, unskilled or inexperienced.
- You can’t change teams once you have started playing.
- Only team captains can speak with referees. All protests must be made prior to the next whistle or play.
- Unsportsmanlike behaviour or language will result in immediate disqualification and possible ejection from the park.
- Practice or warm up should be done off the courts.
- Each team will be called 3 times starting 10 minutes before play. If your team does not show up, the game will be forfeited.
- We use Rally Scoring so every point counts. Net Serves are legal. You must win by 2 points and there are no score caps unless specified by the official.
- The team captain must report the score to the administration tent.
- When there are no referees, teams will be officiating each other. Do not walk away after the game without checking if you are officiating the next game.
- Teams must score, officiate, and work the lines as marked on the schedule.
- All players must play nude accept hats, shoes, knee pads and other essential volleyball gear. (all divisions, all levels, all ages) After all, this is a naturist volleyball tournament. Make sure you use plenty of sunscreen to prevent sunburn.
- Only the top team in the top level will be inscribed on the trophy.