Last update Sept 10
Updates are only made if anything changes. (latest updates in blue text)
We are currently in the “step 3” stage of reopening
As soon as government regulations allow us to open a service or an amenity, we are adding it and updating this page. Of course we are always doing so while taking into consideration the safety of members, visitors, and staff. As such, some of our procedures have been altered. Please see below for details.
For instant updates, follow Bare Oaks Status on Twitter.
- We are open to members and visitors
- The office and store are open.
- The clubhouse is open with some capacity restrictions. Distancing and masks are required. As per government regulation, proof of vaccination is required to access the main building/clubhouse effective September 22 but it is not required to access the office and store.
- We are operating normal summer hours (9am – 7pm Sun-Thu & 9am-9pm Fri-Sat)
- Outdoor picnic sites, benches, shelters, trails, and recreational areas are available for use.
- Team Sports are allowed.
- Live music and other performances are allowed outdoors.
- The Bare Bistro is open for patio dining, indoor dining, and take-out. As per government regulation, proof of vaccination is required for indoor dining effective September 22.
- Yoga and Meditation are both in person outdoors, in person indoors, and online.
- The playground is open.
- The hot tub is open with capacity restrictions.
- The pool is open with capacity restrictions.
- Saunas are open with capacity restrictions.
- Masks must be worn indoors.
- Members with a long-term campsite can use it for overnight stays.
- Short term overnight stays in hotels, cabins, and campsites (both serviced and unserviced tent sites) are available for everyone. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Toilets in the campground are open.
- If you make a reservation and we have to cancel it because of government restrictions, we will give you a full refund. If you cancel the reservation then our normal cancellation policy still applies.
- Both indoor and outdoor gatherings are allowed to a maximum of 100 outdoors and 25 indoors. As per government regulation, proof of vaccination is required to access the main building/clubhouse effective September 22 but it is not required to access the office and store.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres is required.
- Masks are required in Bare Oaks buildings.
- In situations where physical distancing is not possible, you need to wear a mask. Masks must be worn indoors.
- You should wash your hands frequently with soap and water. An alcohol-based sanitizer will be available in the office.
- If you are sick, you should stay home.
- If you have recently been exposed to someone who is sick, you should stay home.
- If you are in any way vulnerable to the virus, you should stay home.
- For both your safety and that of others, please get vaccinated if you have not done so already.
Some of Our Safety Procedures
- Team members are screened before every shift. Visitors are also asked a screening questionnaire.
- Most team members have had their first vaccination and all are tested twice per week.
- Signage has been created and posted throughout the park the remind everyone of safety procedures.
- A clear barrier has been installed in the office at the front desk.
- Team members must wear a face mask or a face shield when there is a risk of coming too close to others.
- Anyone preparing food or handling food must wear a face mask or face shield.
- Procedures have been implemented to limit the number of people in the store and office.
- We have always cleaned the public areas regularly. But we have added the additional step of disinfecting “touch” areas (door knobs, locks, counters, handrails, etc…) three times per day.
- Seating capacity indoors has been reduced and tables have been spaced further apart. Outdoor tables have also been spaced further apart.
- Sick team members are always encouraged to stay home but we are now more proactive about it. We pay them to stay home while they are sick.
- We have provided additional training for all team members and continue to do so.
- We have always had hand sanitizer available but we now have it in more locations.