Last update December 21
Updates are only made if anything changes.
We are currently in a GREY (LOCKDOWN) ZONE – WE ARE CLOSED TO VISITORS
As soon as government regulations allow us to open a service or an amenity, we are adding it and updating this page. Of course we are always doing so while taking into consideration the safety of members, visitors, and staff. As such, some of our procedures have been altered. Please see below for details.
For instant updates, follow Bare Oaks Status on Twitter.
- Members are allowed to visit for the day but encouraged to stay home.
- The office and store are open.
- Outdoor picnic sites, benches, shelters, trails, and recreational areas are available for use.
- No team sports.
- We are operating normal hours (10am – 6pm)
- The Bare Bistro is closed until further notice.
- Yoga and Meditation is online only.
- The playground is open.
- The pool is now closed for the season.
- All indoor facilities are only for necessities. (e.g. toilets)
- NO INDOOR GATHERINGS
- The hot tub and saunas are closed.
- Masks must be worn indoors.
- Short term overnight stays in hotels, cabins, and campsites (both serviced and unserviced tent sites) are available.
- Toilets in the campground are closed for the season.
- If you make a reservation and we have to cancel it because of government restrictions, we will give you a full refund. If you cancel the reservation then our normal cancellation policy still applies.
- No indoors gatherings and outdoor gathering is limited to people within your household.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres is required.
- In situations where physical distancing is not possible, you need to wear a mask. Masks must be worn indoors.
- You should wash your hands frequently with soap and water. An alcohol-based sanitizer will be available in the office.
- If you are sick, you should stay home
- If you have recently been exposed to someone who is sick, you should stay home
- If you are in any way vulnerable to the virus, you should stay home
Some of Our Safety Procedures
- Team members are screened before every shift. Visitors are also asked a screening questionnaire.
- Signage has been created and posted throughout the park the remind everyone of safety procedures.
- A clear barrier has been installed in the office at the front desk.
- Team members must wear a face mask or a face shield when there is a risk of coming too close to others.
- Anyone preparing food or handling food must wear a face mask or face shield.
- Procedures have been implemented to limit the number of people in the store and office.
- We have always cleaned the public areas regularly. But we have added the additional step of disinfecting “touch” areas (door knobs, locks, counters, handrails, etc…) three times per day.
- Seating capacity indoors has been reduced and tables have been spaced further apart. Outdoor tables have also been spaced further apart.
- Sick team members are always encouraged to stay home but we are now more proactive about it. We pay them to stay home while they are sick.
- We have provided additional training for all team members and continue to do so.
- We have always had hand sanitizer available but we now have it in more locations.