This year, Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park is introducing a new event: a group trip to France!
We have partnered with one of our members, Pauline from Nakations.ca, to organize a fun and affordable naturist vacation to France.
While the modern naturist movement is generally accepted to have started in Germany, it was France that perfected the large scale naturist resort. The combination of warm southern France, beaches on the ocean, and the French passion for vacationing naturally combined to create massive naturist resorts.
The oldest of these resorts is the Centre Helio Marin Montalivet – best known as the CHM Montalivet. With over 3,000 sites (tent, RV, cabins, and bungalows) and as many as 15,000 people per day, Montalivet is certainly one of the largest naturist resort in France. (you can listen to a podcast about Montalivet) The commercial centre in the middle of the resort has 22 shops and restaurants.
After World War 2, the naturist movement around Paris had quickly returned and was growing. Two of its leaders, Christiane et Albert Lecocq, realized that naturists needed a vacation destination. After a bit of searching, they ended up leasing some beachfront on the Atlantic near Bordeaux. Thus, the CHM Montalivet was founded in 1950.
Montalivet was not just a place to relax. It was also a place to live a naturist life and develop the philosophy. To this day, discussions and lectures are an integral part of Montalivet. Some of the greatest thinkers in the French naturist movement have been members. In 1953, the French naturist federation (FFN)and the International Naturist Federation (INF)were created at Montalivet.
Now you have a chance to spend a week in the CHM Montalivet and experience European naturism!
- July 5-16, 2013
- Airfare from Toronto or Montréal included. (other departure points are also possible)
- 7 nights at the CHM Montalivet.
- 3 nights in Paris.
- Optional excursions in both Bordeaux and Paris
- Affordable! Discounted group pricing on accommodations and airfare. All costs included except for your meals which you can cost-effectively prepare yourself in your bungalow while at Montalivet.
- Family oriented – children’s pricing included.
- Maximum of 50 people (capacity of the bus) which is as few as 25 couples and less if they have children. So book soon if you want to be included. First come, first served! Last date for booking: Feb.28 or when the maximum is reached.
Photos, pricing and other details at: